FIFA World Cup 2014: Super-substitute Mario Gotze takes Germany to World Cup trophy
After 120 minutes of strong football, it was the Germans who demanded the World Cup trophy. Substitute Mario Gotze scored a spectacular 113th-minute winner for Germany to give them a 1-0 lead over Argentina, which the last could not come back from.
Argentina had a wonderful chance within the twenty second minute of the match, once Tony Kroos accidentally headed the ball towards his goal, that was received by Gonzalo Higuain, WHO place the ball wide past the goal. Higuain was one-on-one with German goal-keeper Manuel Neuer, however somehow he managed to miss the target.
It would convince be costliest miss for Argentina.
The Germans enjoyed an honest share of the ball possession until the tip of the primary 0.5.
At the beginning of the last half, Argentina’s Ezequiel Lavezzi was replaced by the troubled Sergio Aguero. each Aguero and Lavezzi had a poor tournament as each the strikers did not score one goal through-out the globe Cup.
Two minutes later into the last half, Messi uncomprehensible a golden chance to provide Argentina the lead, as his left-footed curling shot uncomprehensible the so much post of the German goal.
Germany improved their performance within the last half and outplayed Argentina with their spectacular passing and superior ball management. A litte later into the last half, Gonzalo Higuain, WHO uncomprehensible a wonderful chance early within the match, was substituted for Rodrigo Palacio. With simply a second left on the clock, veteran Miroslav Klose was replaced by young Mario Gotze for European nation.
As each the groups did not break the dead-lock, the match headed towards extra-time. Argentina had ne’er before conceded a goal within the extra-time. Andre Schurrle had his effort saved by Sergio Romero early within the half of additional time. within the 97th minute, substitute Rodrigo Palacio had a beautiful goal-scoring chance, however squandared the possibility as he place the floor Neuer and therefore the German goal.
The match was heating up once Argentina’s Sergio Aguero collided with Bastian Schweinsteiger, WHO all over up hemorrhage below his right eye. Despite the foul, no action was taken against Aguero for the nasty challenge. In spite of the injury, Schweinsteiger was back on the sector when obtaining stitches.
Three minutes into Aguero’s challenge on Schweinsteiger, came the turning purpose within the match as substitute Mario Goetze stone-broke the dead-lock. The goal was spectacular: a combined effort of the 2 Germans substitutes (Schurrle and Gotze). Schurrle provided the cross into the Argentinean D-box, that was brightly chest-controlled by Gotze, before shooting the ball past Sergio Romero victimization his left foot.
With that goal, European nation were simply minutes removed from changing into the primary European team to elevate the globe Cup in South America. The Germans stayed to the lead until the tip and achieved a fourth tournament title.
In the end, it had been unsatisfying for Argentina, however it had been the higher team that won. Captain Lionel Messi scored additional goals than Aguero, Lavezzi, Palacio, Higuain and Angel Di Maria combined. The poor kind of the strikers was the first reason for Argentina’s failure to win the globe Cup. Over-dependence on Messi price them the globe Cup.
With the ending over Argentina, European nation won their initial tournament in twenty four years and their fourth tournament trophy overall, golf shot them level with Italy for winning the globe Cup fourfold, and simply behind Brazil WHO have 5.
Here square measure some fascinating facts concerning the FIFA tournament 2014 Final:
* Mario Götze is that the youngest scorer of a goal during a tournament final since Wolfgang Weber in 1966.
* Mario Götze is that the initial player to get a winning goal as a substitute during a tournament final.
* Argentina trailed for less than seven minutes at the 2014 tournament – from the 113th to the one hundred and twentieth minute of additional time.
* Argentina conceded a goal for the primary time within the knockout stage of the 2014 tournament.
* This was the primary time ever in tournament history that Argentina conceded a goal in overtime.
* All 3 groups with over three tournament titles (Brazil, Italy and Germany) secured their fourth title twenty four years when their third title.
* European nation have scored eighteen goals this tournament tournament, the foremost for a team during a single tournament since Brazil in 2002.
* The 2014 tournament was the joint-highest evaluation tournament in history (level on 171 goals with France 1998).